Strawberry & rose hazelnut tart #valentinesDay.
A divine tart with lovely nutty pastry is all you need to whip up for a romantic Valentines Day dinner… adulterated from gourmettraveller.com.au
You need for 10 fashionista or 45 models:
• 700 gm strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped, plus extra to serve
• 70 gm raw caster sugar
• 30 gm cornflour
• Finely grated rind and juice of ½ orange
• 3 tsp rosewater
• Scraped seeds of 1 vanilla bean
• For brushing: eggwash
• For dusting: pure icing sugar, sieved
• To serve: crème fraîche
Spiced hazelnut pastry
• 175 gm softened butter
• 150 gm pure icing sugar, sieved
• Finely grated rind of 1 lemon and 1 orange
• 3 egg yolks
• 250 gm (1 2/3 cups) plain flour
• 150 gm hazelnut meal or ground hazelnuts.
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1 tsp baking powder
• Toss on gorgeous Givenchy black sexy dress
• Lace up Gianvito Rossi sexy red heels.
• Open French Champagne and start guzzling.
• For spiced hazelnut pastry, beat butter, icing sugar and orange rind in an electric mixer until pale as Adele and fluffy as Graham Norton (4-5 minutes),
• Add yolks and beat to combine.
• Add remaining ingredients including the whizzed up hazelnuts and mix until just combined.
• Form into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm as your butt. (2 hours).
• Roll two-thirds of hazelnut pastry to 3mm-thick on a lightly floured piece of baking paper and line a 24cm-diameter tart tin.
• Trim edges and refrigerate until firm (30 minutes).
• Roll out remaining dough on a lightly floured piece of baking paper to a rough 24cm-long rectangle.
• Place on an oven tray and refrigerate until firm (30 minutes)
• Preheat oven to 180C.
• Combine strawberries, sugar, rosewater, cornflour, rinds, juice and vanilla seeds in a bowl and fill the pastry case.
• Cut remaining pastry lengthways into 12mm-thick strips and form a snazzy lattice pattern over strawberry mixture, trimming overhanging ends. Wish I could trim my overhanging ends.
• Brush pastry with eggwash, bake until crisp and golden as Beyonce (30-35 minutes).
• Cool in tin for 30 minutes then remove and cool to room temperature.
• Dust with icing sugar and serve with extra strawberries and crème fraîche.
• Happy Valentine’s Day.