smashed pavlova with mulberries & roasted raspberry jam.
It’s a great idea on Christmas Day if you want to ditch a hot Plum Pudding.
Prepare it ahead of time and then do the accessorising with all the gorgeous berries and mint and lashings of cream just before serving . Thank you Donna Hay.
You need for 8 to 10 peeps on Christmas Day
225ml eggwhite (approximately 6 eggs)
1½ cups (330g) caster (superfine) sugar
1½ teaspoons white vinegar
1½ cups (375ml) single (pouring) cream
200g mulberries or cranberries
micro (baby) mint leaves, to serve
icing sugar, for dusting
roasted raspberry jam if you want to make it !
• 500g raspberries
• ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
• 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
• Pull on Saint Laurent sequin jacket and Valentino pleat leather skirt
• Slip into amazing satin Balenciaga jewelled shoes
• Pour the Moet stat.
• Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
• To make the roasted raspberry jam – if you can be bothered otherwise just buy it – place the raspberries, sugar, vanilla bean and seeds in a small roasting tray and mix to combine.
• Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25–30 minutes or until thickened as your waist will be after Christmas.
• Set aside to cool completely.
• Remove and discard the vanilla bean.
• Reduce oven temperature to 150°C (300°F).
• Place the eggwhite in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form. Like the Saint Laurent shoulder pads.
• Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, waiting 30 seconds before adding another tablespoon.
• Once all the sugar has been incorporated, scrape down the sides of the bowl and whisk for a further 6 minutes or until the mixture is stiff as a Vetements jacket and as glossy as Beyonce.
• Add the vinegar and whisk for a further 2 minutes or until glossy and combined.
• Place spoonfuls of the meringue onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper to make a 22cm round.
• Reduce temperature to 120°C (250°F) and cook for 1 hour.
• Turn the oven off and allow the Pavlova to cool completely in the oven.
• Place the cream in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk to stiff peaks. Like your credit card bill.
• Place the Pavlova on a large serving plate and crush slightly with the back of a large spoon.
• Spoon over the cream and drizzle with the roasted raspberry jam.
• Accesorise with the mulberries/cranberries/raspberries and mint, and sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.
• Yum .