Pistachio, raspberry & rosewater semifreddo.
This is a gorgeous dessert for Christmas or New Year’s lunch…Adulterated from Taste. Easy to whip up because there is no baking. Just mix it all up and whack in the fridge.
You need for 8 fashionista:
1 tablespoon rosewater
1/3 cup caster sugar
4 egg yolks
3/4 cups thickened cream, whipped
2/3 cup pistachio nut kernels, roasted, roughly chopped or almonds.
300g fresh or frozen raspberries or any berries you have
• Slip into amazing Alexander Mcqueen sequin dress.
• Pull on sparkle pearl encrusted Gucci shoes.
• Gulp down Champagne.
• Moisterise a 6cm-deep, 19cm x 9cm (base) loaf pan.
• Line with baking paper, allowing a 5cm overhang on both long ends. Like your muffin top after Christmas
• Place eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl.
• Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water over low heat
• Whisk for 4 to 5 minutes or until thick as Melania Trump and creamy as a Celine dress.
• Remove from heat. That’s the eggs not the Celine dress.
• Whisk for 4 to 5 minutes or until cool.
• Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
• Gently fold in cream, pistachio, rosewater and two-thirds of the raspberries. Save the rest for accessorising later.
• Pour mixture into prepared pan.
• Cover and freeze overnight or until firm as your butt in the new year.
• Stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before turning out onto a plate. That’s the pannacotta not you.
• Accessorise with remaining raspberries.