Pea, spinach and ricotta gnocchi. #Monday’sMenu.
You can make ricotta gnocchi, it’s easy!
This is great for my coeliac gluten free friends as it has buckwheat flour.
The trick is to make a stash of mint and pistachio pesto the day before so you can just whip this up and dollop with pesto…Adulterated from Donna Hay.
You need for 4 fashionista or 45 models:
2 green onions (scallions), finely chopped
½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
¾ cup (100g) buckwheat flour+, plus extra for dusting
5 cups (150g) baby spinach leaves, blanched, drained and chopped
2 cups (300g) frozen peas, thawed and crushed
1 cup (240g) fresh ricotta
dried chilli flakes, to serve
micro (baby) mint leaves, to serve
Mint and pistachio pesto
2 cups mint leaves, plus extra to serve
½ cup (70g) toasted pistachios, plus extra, chopped, to serve
1 green onion (scallion), chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ cup (125ml) water
sea salt and cracked black pepper
• Slip into your Gucci dress.
• Pull on Dior sneakers.
• Sock down a few vinos.
• Get Bradley Copper to zest the lemon and juice it , then chop up the green onion and then grate the parmesan.
• Place the eggs, onion, parmesan, flour, spinach and half the peas in a large bowl and mix to combine. Should be as spongy as the padding on these Balenciaga jackets. Yikes
• Add the ricotta and mix until just combined. A bit like the Marni collection. Just combined but too matchy match.
• Roll heaped teaspoons of the mixture into balls – like the cute bobble detail on these Prada shoes – and set aside on a lightly floured big platter.
• To make the pesto, place the mint, pistachio, onion, lemon juice, lemon rind and oil in a small food processor and process for 1–2 minutes or until combined as a facemask.
• Add the water, salt and pepper, process to combine and set aside.
• Pour another wine and guzzle.
• Cook the gnocchi, in batches, in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3–4 minutes or until firm as your forehead after botox .
• NB: They are cooked when they float to the surface.
• Remove with a slotted spoon, place on a platter/tray lined with non-stick baking paper and keep warm.
• Divide the gnocchi and the remaning peas between 4 bowls.
• Accessorise with the pesto, chilli, extra mint and pistachio.
• Eat !