What’s to love right now? Denim !
What to wear right now that’s casual, low key but totally chic?
In unexpected styles. In updated shapes.
These pieces will take you right through to the end of summer and beyond.
Add your own favourite navy and white stripe tee. #Avalonnow.
Toss in a dash of grey, white and caramel.
Scroll down for the shopping list and FiFi’s tips and tricks on how to wear them.
Your shopping list.
- The Navy trench: Need now , wear now, double breasted is best. Why? Because it covers the ( cough, cough muffin ) situation when worn undone. Looks chic over everything even PJ’s…from Uniqlo.
- The cool jeans: the new shape is slightly straight, cropped and a light wash… Maje from David Jones.
- Caramel suede heels: You saw these on The FiFi Report last year but did you miss out ? Keep calm, put down the paper bag and stop hyperventiating. And buy now from shopbop. What’s to love? They are the perfect walking slash casual heels. Not too chichi, not too daggy ( please no). Great with skirts, perfect with jeans, won’t sink into grass when you have a BBQ. Just right.
- Oversized denim jacket: Yes, that eighties big boxy ol’ denim jacket is back. The exact time it appeared on the groove horizon? Vogue UK September 2013 with Daria. (It was a vintage denim jacket and boom ! When we spied that jacket we KNEW it was cool.)( who says fashion moves fast? It takes time for new ideas to filter through). Wear denim on denim. Add sexy heels. You can do it. You will get used to it. Then you will love it ….from Sportsgirl.
- Dark denim flares: Been talking about these for more than a year now. They are cool. I can’t stop wearing my flares but they need to be short. These are already cropped for you but grab any old flares , get out the scissors and make sure they are cut right above the top of your shoes. Frayed is cool (Buy the Current Elliot here), cropped is best…from Country Road.
- The pointy flats: Here are the original and the best. Now in white. Aquazurra from net a porter.
- The off shoulder top: Right now it’s all about the bare shoulder ( Donna Karan 1990’s!) and in denim it looks a lot more casual non? Think about it in taffetta and you get what I mean. yikes. Wear with a skirt or slouchy jeans to dress it down …From SABA.
- The Dark denim pencil skirt: Go for dark denim – it’s more sophisticated – in a skinny pencil shape and toss on big tops and oversize blue shirts like this Ksubi shirt from General pants. Add Wedges. You can’t wear flats with a pencil skirt. Ever. Dot com…from French Connection.
- The Mini wedge : you need a mini wedge. It’s a heel without being too try hard. Casual but you get a little height and a soupcoun of sexiness. Like Bradley Cooper… from Ninewest.
- The denim shirt: Think about this shirt with leather going into winter. Love worn hanging out over skinny jeans or with a skirt…. from Topshop.
- The denim button through skirt: You saw it here on The FiFi Report last year. The good news? It’s still going strong into next season. What’s great about this one from Trenery is that it’s a lovely mix of cotton and wool plus it’s a great length. This button through style looks best shorter. Tuck in your Tee or do a half tuck with a shirt. Then pull on white sneakers.