Pistachio nougat semifreddo & marinated raspberries. #DonnaHay.
Who said you need to serve plum pudding on Christmas Day?
This is a fabulous, summery alternative adulterated from Donna Hay.
It’s pretty easy: Chop nougat, whisk eggs and cream, mix and freeze.
You need for 4 to 6 fashionista or 24 models:
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup (220g) caster sugar
2 cups (500ml) single (pouring) cream
300g pistachio nougat, thinly sliced
1 cup (250ml) pink Moscato+
2 tablespoons caster sugar
• Slip into Givenchy sexy lace dress.
• Pull on outrageous Aquazurra heels.
• Guzzle a big glass of Moet Chandon.
• Pop on a Prada pinny.
• Place the eggs, extra yolks, vanilla and sugar in a heatproof bowl.
• Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat for 8–10 minutes or untilas thick as your waist after Christmas and as pale as your face will be when you read your credit card statement.
• Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. That’s you. And the eggs.
• Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form. Like putting on a Wonderbra.
• Gently fold the cream through the egg mixture until well combined.
• Pour half the mixture into a 2 litre-capacity loaf tin and top with half the nougat.
• Repeat with remaining ingredients and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
• Before serving place the raspberries, Moscato and extra sugar in a bowl and toss to combine.
• Cut the semifreddo in chic slices.
• Toss on a few fresh pistachios and accessorise with the marinated raspberries.
Donna Hay says Pink Moscato is an aromatic wine with a delicious sweet berry flavour and a delicate bubble. Substitute with sparkling wine or Champagne