So let’s discuss eyebrows!

By  |  7 Comments

Question: Help ! What’s the best eye brow pencil?
Answer: It’s not a pencil. It’s an eye shadow used on the eyebrows.

Our resident makeup artist Wayne Chick says the best way to fill in your eyebrows is with an eyeshadow.
Her pick of the best? MAC eyeshadow called Brun.
It’s the shade of brown that suits just about everyone.
( she says other browns can look gingery: wrong !) ( she should know).
The great thing is that it can also double as an eye shadow as well.
Two for the price of one.

How to apply it:
Wayne says  “ get a firm, skinny brush which will create the most natural effect.   Then all you do is go along the eyebrow and gently fill in the gaps for a subtle touch up.  You can also brush through the brow later , if you need to, with a washed out mascara wand “.
She says “A brush is easier to control than an eyebrow pencil : it has a much lighter touch. The last thing you want is a drawn on fake line through your eyebrows”…Yikes !

$33 MAC eye shadow from Maccosmetics

Do you have a favourite beauty product that you love and want to share with us ?
Perhaps one that you have tried and didn’t work?
Or do you have a makeup /beauty question that has been pesking you for ages?
We would love to hear from you!
( Let it all hang out in the comments below).

mac eyeshadow and brush

7 Comments

1. Brooke

June 6, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Hi Fifi,
    What’s your pick of the best longwear lip colour? I’ve been so disappointed with my YSL Glossy Stain – it barely lasts through a latte!

• FiFi

June 7, 2014 at 9:38 am

Hi Brooke, yes we will definitely do a beauty post on long wearing lipstick : I think it’s probably a lip stain ! Thx x

• Naomi

June 9, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Try the Revlon Balm Stain pencils, they’re one of my favourites. They last and don’t wear off in any awkward way.

2. Marian

June 8, 2014 at 12:19 pm

I am having looking for an eye pencil that will be used close to my eyelashes and will stay there. I find they dry out in the applicator or they scrape and drag along the lash line and sometimes can be painful. Other brands smudge better rather than staying as a fine line and the oil on my lids carries it everywhere. I have tried putting eye shadow over the line but I end up wearing shadow on my cheek somehow. (Probably the brand of shadow.) I really want delicate definition above the lash along with mascara. HELP

• FiFi

June 12, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Marian ! I am sure we can help with the eye pencil : have you tried the Revlon colour stay which I talked about a couple of weeks ago? it does stay on. I will ask Wayne for more ideas and tips x

3. Naomi

June 9, 2014 at 10:00 pm

My go-to eyebrow pencil is the Sephora retractable waterproof pencil.

It’s subtle, has a super fine point, and doesn’t smudge outside the lines into any “smokey brow” look.

• FiFi

June 12, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Thanks Naomi for the tips on eye brow pencils ! I know Sephora is great but I don’t think they are available online yet in Australia? The Revlon Balm stain pens will be something I will check out as well ! Thanks for that x